Since 2018 is only a few days away, I’ve been spending a lot of time reflecting and planning. As part of this activity, I dove into my site stats, trying to gain some insight.
By studying patterns in traffic, I can learn more about which posts resonate most with my readers. It helps me figure out what promotion strategies work the best.
Most importantly, it helps me plan better content for 2018.
While learning from my stats, I made a list of my top ten posts from 2017. These are the posts that got the most traffic.
Well, sort of. Some of my most popular posts were actually published in 2015 or 2016. So these are the top tens posts published in the past twelve months.
Ready to take a trip down memory lane with me? Here’s some excellent content to help you learn more about starting your business and balancing diapers and deadlines.
10. How to Grow Your Biz With Your Smartphone
You can also grab your copy of a list sharing 100 specific ways to work from your phone!
9. How to Create a Resume as a Freelancing Mom
Have you ever struggled to put your skills and experience down on a resume? I know I have!
This post dives into how to highlight all your skills and experience on a resume as a freelancing mom.
8. 5 Freelancing Mistakes I Made Last Year
I made some huge mistakes when I was first starting out. In this post, I share five big mistakes I made.
Of course, I’m not done making mistakes. They happen. To everyone.
The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and always be looking for ways to improve.
7. How to Make Money Freelancing as a Teacher
As a certified teacher, I’ve found plenty of ways to put my prior skills and experience to work for me. Here, I explore six different ideas for making money as a freelancing teacher.
I also cover how to find the work.
6. How to Improve Your Productivity By Being Proactive at Night
How you end your day matters!
If you’re going to start your day off on the right foot, you can’t be trying to catch up on things from the day before. That’s why I always take time to do these tasks before my head hits the pillow.
When they’re done, I know the next day will go much more smoothly.
5. 10 Tips for Growing Your Blog as a Busy Mom
As a large family mom, I totally understand being busy! But, if I can find time to grow a blog, you can as well.
So if you’re thinking about starting a blog of your own, go for it!
With a few changes in mindset and with a little bit of streamlining, you will have time to make it happen.
4. How I Made Almost $5000 Working Online Last Month
Well, I didn’t make almost $5000 working online LAST month, but I did back in May!
This post shares the details of my most lucrative month freelancing.
3. How to Use a Quick Clean to Restore Order to Your Busy House
I can’t concentrate when my house is super messy. A little messy I can handle. But, once it gets to a certain level of upheaval, I know trying to work is just going to be a waste of time.
I’d always heard how you can make so much progress towards housework by having a 15 minute cleanup daily.
However, every time I tried, I turned into a drill instructor. The kids seemed to forget how to clean.
Then I discovered a secret weapon. And now even my toddlers help with our quick cleans!
2. 100+ Simple Ways to Foster Creativity in Your Kids While You Work
When you don’t engage your kids while you work, you might regret it. You may not approve of the choices they make on their own.
Here are over 100 simple ways to help keep your kids engaged as you write a post or do some other work. And, each of these ideas are simple and screen free!
1. How to Start a Freelance Writing Business When You’re Broke
You don’t need a lot of money to start a freelance writing business! In fact, as long as you have a computer and an internet connection, you have everything you need!
This post details how I bootstrapped my freelance business without touching the household budget.
While reflecting, here are five of the important lessons I learned:
- Some of my most shared posts didn’t make my top ten. That’s because they aren’t converting to clicks over on Pinterest. I’ve got to work on that next year!
- I need to get better at promoting older content. I’ve been publishing at least one post a week for over two years. There’s lots of content here. I just need to give it a facelift and spread the word!
- My audience enjoys posts on starting a business, and strategies for working with kids. I can definitely deliver more of this!
- None of my posts from the A-Z Guide to Working at Home with Kids made the cut. They were some of my favorites to write, but I need to revisit them and figure out what I’m doing wrong in promoting.
- I need to get better at adding appropriate affiliate links to my older posts. I’ve learned a lot about affiliate marketing in the past year, and there’s plenty of improvement to be had on the site!
I’m Looking Forward to 2018
I learned a lot in 2017. In January, I’ll be sharing some of my biggest discoveries and reflections with you.
And, I’m really looking forward to taking what I learned and putting it to use in the next year. I can’t wait!
How was your 2017? Did you find any nuggets to help you plan your new year by reflecting on this one? I’d love for you to share in the comments below.
Need fresh ideas for freelancing with kids?
Subscribe to get a downloadable copy of my idea book: 30 Quick Ideas for Freelancing with Kids.